Thursday 14 June 2012

Culture ...

People often assume my cultural background is maori, and I find myself proudly declaring that I am actually of samoan/chinese/anglo-saxon descent. There's something about the maori culture that I love aswell, most likely due to growing up in New Zealand - a country who values it native people and heritage. Add to the mix my Tongan (and part German (apparently!)) husband and I think our boys are lucky to have so much culture surrounding them. I always wish I had done more to embrace mine growing up, but it's never too late I guess!

I've been wanting to get photos of the boys in their traditional Tongan attire for awhile, so last month when cousin Max was visiting I seized the opportunity to get photos of them all! (Click here to see those pics). Unfortunately I was on my own with them and they were tiring me out, so part of their outfits were falling off at times! But the pictures still capture the beauty that is culture ... and I hope my boys will proudly embrace theirs as they get older xx











 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment