Saturday 16 June 2012

A Good Day...

Today was a good day. There was nothing extraordinary about it, it was in fact quite ordinary, but I am going to sleep happy and content, and that means something.
This morning was my first time taking all four boys to drop Cassius and Phoenix's at daycare. Surprisingly, it ran rather smoothly, and as an added bonus, when Cassius said his prayers he actually blessed himself 'at stool'. No blessing himself to go to uncle gums or grandmas instead, but school! Almost a year after he started and he's finally ok with going - bless him! My boys are growing up!
Kingston, McCaw and I went home afterwards to do a bit of cleaning and eating, and by early afternoon I decided to do some scripture reading (something I have definitely been neglecting of late). I found myself feeling edified, and committed to reading the scriptures more regularly. I reevaluated my goals and decided to wake up an hour earlier then the boys to do first things first. Rick then called and was finishing up early (there are indeed some pros to the world of construction!), and suggested he take Kingston to golf while I do our food shopping. When it came time to dropping them off, Rick asked if I was sure that I didn't want to just come with them? And I thought 'why not, the food shopping can wait'! And wasn't I glad I made that decision. We spent the next hour or so hitting balls, Rick explaining to me how it all works and me trying to act like I care ha ha. But I love those family moments! One of the things I love about my husband is he really is a very good, 'hands on' father, and I feel like my boys are so lucky to have him. He will take them with him everywhere, he has all the time in the world for them, and he plays with them. Always. These things are nothing extraordinary I know but I do think it's the small things that matter, and I love how President Uchtdorf said in a general conference how in family relationships, love is really spelt T I M E. Love it! But getting back to golf, we had a nice little afternoon, McCaw in his sling and Kingston getting some time to hang with his good mate - his Dad. Kingston LOVES golf, even at less than two years old he has good form, a great swing and is much better then his older brothers. No doubt Rick enjoys having another excuse to get out on the golf course aswell! We later picked up the boys, went past my mums, then home for dinner and relaxing. I told you it was not extraordinary, but it was indeed a good day. Maybe the fact that I got some lovely shots out on the course helped, as you know I love my photos!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment